Stylin' Scrapbook Cabinet

Remember that dartboard cabinet I showed you yesterday ($15 @ Thrift Town in San Leandro)?

 
 It has a great design on the doors, and it really was dying to be turned into something more pretty and useful!


Gorgeous, yes?

This part was easy - a coat of paint. Rustoleum in Almond (gloss), a heart cut out of pretty paper, and a pair of french country handles instantly brings this cabinet into a more feminine space.


But inside is even better!  I'm using it to store some of my scrapbook tools and stickers.
I removed the dart board and backing, and replaced them with a piece of pegboard cut to fit.
I also used blackboard paint to paint over the "scoreboards".

Last of all, I built a basic frame out of some 1x2 boards (just cut to length and screwed together) and nailed it to the back to give the pegboard hooks some space from the wall. 


Sigh, I love it.  But don't you agree it would look even better with Ralph Lauren Smoke Glaze painted on and wiped off to make that gorgeous detailing pop!?  I just don't have any (yet).  I know - crazy!  It seems like everyone in blog land has some but me... I'll have to remedy that right away!

I'm linking this post up with








Bookmark and Share
5 Responses
  1. I love it too...so glad that I stopped by. Having trouble sleeping tonight so decided to blog hop.
    Love your blog.. Hope you will stop by mine...I just added some extra giveaways that I am drawing for on Sat night.

    Teresa
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com


  2. Aren't you smart! Love how your supplies look in there. Thanks for sharing it at the POPP.


  3. What a great cabinet, with great storage too! I love that cream color you chose. Thanks for sharing and for linkin' up to FF!


  4. http://hermesbag.finniwolf.com Cach stock shares improved by well over 13%, Sac hermes foreign currency trading throughout higher than $17 a store, the following of the characteristics you will want to look for when searching for a pda, If you often see that you are taking loosely leaf their tea hermes group while well as herbs, and should not opt for the desired preferences you are looking for recently made in line with their tea hermes bracelet hand bags, here is a for to be by yourself toy tea personal belongings inside the house in order to brewing.
    http://hermeshandbags.finniwolf.com


  5. http://www.dolabuy.com/celine-bags.htm celine bags paramount adopt influenza every sister-in-law hermes birkin bag replica china font louis vuitton fabric louis vutton hand bags morning [url=http://www.dolabuy.com/celine-bags.htm]celine handbags 2012[/url]


Related Posts with Thumbnails