Double Heart Frame

I saw a lot of potential in this double heart frame.


Since I will soon have another little boy (6 weeks to go!) I figure I can put a picture of each little man into the frame and place it in the nursery (or living room, playroom, craft room... maybe I should find a few more of these!)



First I shopped my scrapbook paper for just the right colors - I might as well plan to put it in the nursery - all those bare walls!  Not loving any of them... so after a trip to Michaels I now have a great selection of paper to choose from!

Trace the frame out on the paper

12x12 paper too small?  Add a little piece of coordinating paper on the end.

Mod Podge it on (is Mod Podge a verb?  It should be!)  Sorry the next few pics are so crappy - I was doing this at night.

Sanding will take that extra lip of paper right off.

Use an ink pad to dye the white paper edges, or any bits of frame showing under the paper.  I like to use a makeup sponge for this.  Adds a nice distressed look I also love.

I added my little men's names next to each frame hole.  (I cut each letter with my Sizzix Sidekick; the font is "Endless Love").  Sorry, I felt I had to digitally blur the names for my boys' privacy... shoulda taken a picture before adding them!!

Put a couple coats of Mod Podge over the whole thing... done!  Now I just need the pictures! Bookmark and Share
0 Responses

Related Posts with Thumbnails