Building My Bookcase Doors; Which Style Should I Use?

 

Hey friends, I am hoping to start building the doors for my built-in bookcases {finally!}

 

but I am having some trouble deciding which style I like best…

 

Can you take a look and let me know what you like?

 cabdoors

I am most partial to #1 and #3 to be honest…

and these doors will be very narrow – 9”x35” (right case), 12”x35” (left case)

installed in pairs on the bottom half of the bookcase.

 P2250062

Please excuse the bad drawing – in a rush you know…

 

P.S.  Went to the doc yesterday {still sick!} and some cough syrup with codeine and amoxicillin is going to have me right as rain in no time ;) {I hope I hope I hope}

 

New to Pregnant with power tools? Don't miss a post and subscribe here or

Bookmark and Share
9 Responses

  1. I agree that since they will only be on the lower portion I would stick with #1. Can't wait to see!


  2. Is #3 a raised or inset panel? If they are all raised panel, I like #1. But I'm partial to simple..


  3. Single panel of beadboard would be good repeat. To set it all off- a nice fat moulding on bottom might be nice detail.

    Have fun with power tools.


  4. Yes, #1. If it was full length I would say #3 too, but since they are so small, definitely #1. And if you are opting for some fancy hardware, #1 would allow it to shine in it's own right, while the others would make it a bit too "busy" probably.




  5. Well it's a landslide in favor of #1 - so that's what I'm gonna do. And I am really glad I asked you all for some help - you're the best!!!!


  6. Well it's a landslide in support of #1 - so that's what I'm going to do. And I am really grateful I requested you all for some help - you're the best!!!!
    Gold On Runescape
    World of Warcraft Gold Billig
    Blade Soul Gold


Related Posts with Thumbnails