Easy Photo Display Gift and a Preview

 

I love Shanty2Chic’s easy photo displays

I wanted to make some for Christmas presents, but I didn’t have a piece of 2x8 lumber…  so what’s a girl to do?

I did have some of these left-over pieces of beadboard though…. hmmm….

So, I made some easy photo display gifts (a la Shanty2Chic) with my own twist… beadboard!

The beadboard gets an aged look with some Ralph Lauren Glaze in Smoke applied thinly with a brush.

I sawed a small piece of scrap 1x4 at a shallow angle (just eyeballed it) for holding the beadboard… and nailed in on the bottom.

I hammered some upholstery nails on the bottom to hide the ugly nails ;)

Hot glued a scrap piece of cap molding (spray painted Heirloom White) along the top,

hot glued a mini clothespin on the top,

covered the base with scrap paper.

It was pretty quick and definitely painless… until I have to give it away.

Maybe I’ll make one to keep!

That’s my precious baby up there… I really love this photo display!!!   

 

Finally, here’s a sneak peak of an Ikea furniture transformation I’m working on.

Can’t wait to show you!

New to Pregnant with power tools? Don't miss a post and subscribe here or Bookmark and Share
5 Responses
  1. That is adorable! Next time you do a giveaway, that would be a perfect candidate! Love it!


  2. I think using Little Man to make your project look better is just MEAN!

    Okay, I'm kidding, it's actually a very cool little gift, and I love that you used what you had too.


  3. Disclaimer:
    I will always and shamelessly use Bamm-Bamm and Little Man to make me and my projects look better... including and not limited to

    hiding my post-baby belly at parties and in photos
    distracting from my stained shirt/tangled hair at the grocery store
    in front of crayon marks on the wall
    when the lighting is off in a photo
    any blog post that is otherwise ho-hum, boring, or when I don't have enough time to "do-it-right" (or write anything at all - heck)
    avoiding eye contact or conversation with solicitors, etc.
    as an excuse to leave an event early, avoid jury duty, and doing the dishes at my mother's house

    Did I leave anything out?


  4. Hi Christin! I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) You can see it here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/bead-board-photo-display/ Thanks for the great idea!

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/



Related Posts with Thumbnails