Decoupaged Hope Chest

This hope chest is a much loved family heirloom.


My grandfather (who was a "wood artisan") made it for my mom, and when she moved to America she took it with her.  My parents are from Norway.


Since I received it, I wanted to add some traditional Norwegian tole or rose painting (called Rosemaling) to the chest, but do not know how to tole paint.  So I printed out some tole paintings, carefully cut them out, and decoupaged them onto the chest with Mod Podge!


Isn't that a cheap, easy (and great!) way to add some cultural art to a much loved piece of furniture!  You almost can't tell it's decoupage.



I'm partying at The CSI Project!
Visit thecsiproject.com






New to Pregnant with power tools? Don't miss a post and subscribe here... Bookmark and Share
1 Response
  1. This is AWESOME! I love rosemaling, but let's face it - it would never happen - so this is a great alternative for me!


Related Posts with Thumbnails