Vintage Car Bedroom: Headlight Nightlights

The next step in the transformation of my son's bed into a "car" (or rat rod, as we've started calling it) is the addition of car headlight nightlights.


I picked up a pair of these push-on lights for $1 each at the thrift store.




They didn't work anymore, so how can they be turned into plug-in nightlights? 


I painted the rims of the lights with chrome spray paint (this stuff is hard to work with - let it dry for a few days!)






I drilled two holes into the bedframe where I wanted the headlights to go.  (Sorry for the crappy photo - I took it at night.)








Removed the small bulb and replaced it with a chandelier-type bulb wired to a plug.  The wire goes through the hole in the bed.  I used duct tape to hold the light in place, but took this picture first.




Everything screwed back together and both "headlights" plugged into a light-sensitive timer. 


Now at night, Bamm-Bamm's headlights come on for a few hours.




He loves "driving" his new "car", but he insists that the headlights be on!!  I think we'll have to put in a switch!




Looks a little like a Jeep don't you think?









New to Pregnant with power tools? Don't miss a post and subscribe here... Bookmark and Share
1 Response
  1. Car Covers in USA
    Shop for the best Car Covers at great prices, ackauto.com offers the best Car Covers in USA. Find the right Covers for your car.


Related Posts with Thumbnails