The reward of a thing well done is to have done it - Emerson

 

When does that ever happen?  Being done I mean (and the well done part too since I’m asking anyway).

 

Some nice weather (65 degrees, baby! Yes I am rubbing it in) allowed me to “finish” edging my front lawn…

(Yes, the grass was even growing out of the layer of dirt on the sidewalk in some many places.)

I have gained inches on the width of my walkways (and those inches look like I will be spending the weekend scrubbing them with bleach).

but now I feel like I should weed a little lot, mow the lawn, trim back the flowers (they are starting to take over), and buy some new plants to replace what didn’t survive the winter.

It’s so true that a gardener’s job is never done.

Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.  ~Author Unknown

 




New to Pregnant with power tools? Don't miss a post and subscribe here... Bookmark and Share
5 Responses

  1. We've got inches and inches of blowing snow! But the pictures are nice.


  2. Isn't a nicely edged lawn so satisfying? I think the dirt marks should come up with a quick spray of the power washer (has for me in the past!) Bleach might kill the grass ...

    nice flowers! it only took me an hour of digging in snow to get out of the driveway this morning ^_^


  3. now I feel bad! Sorry about the snow... I'm not strong enough for snow (I would probably never get out of bed).


  4. I was also wondering about the bleach killing the grass? The grass looks great. I've always loved a nicely edged lawn. Beautiful flowers.


Related Posts with Thumbnails